You may be surprised to learn that many top water companies use a filtration process that’s similar to the process used for the TMAFC Artesian system by Home Master. This process is commonly referred to as reverse osmosis and it works to remove a wide range of contaminants from your drinking water. Most filtration systems that utilize this type of technology remove just about every type of contaminant you can expect to find in common drinking water, including minerals that are essential for your health. And this process can also work to make the water a little acidic, which can negatively impact how the water tastes. It may also cause issues with the holding tank, which in return will significantly reduce the lifespan of the plumbing connectors and the O-rings. Fortunately, the Home Master features a system that will return the essential minerals back into the water, making it less alkaline so you won’t lose out on the great taste or on cash that could otherwise be spent on replacing important plumbing components.
Overview and Features
Filtration systems that use the renowned reverse osmosis process can be complex and usually include a number of filters. Installing this type of system can be intimidating and a little overwhelming if you don’t have much experience with plumbing. But this water filter comes with everything you need to install this top of the line system quickly. However, some homes may not have the adequate amount of plastic piping that’s needed in order to install the system, so a trip to your local home improvement store may be needed.
The included instructional videos will provide detailed installation instructions. The connectors and hoses have been color coded, so installation will be a cinch. But if you’re still unsure if you’ve installed the system correctly or you get stuck during some point of the process then it may be wise to call a professional and have them finish the job before you do any major damage to your plumbing. The fact that this system is so complex for newbies to install is a little off-putting for some homeowners who don’t want to deal with the hassle. Especially considering that leaks can be caused if you don’t assemble the system correctly.
Pressure and water flow are a couple of areas where reverse osmosis tends to fall short. The RO filtering process is considered a slow one and doesn’t produce water very fast. A holding tank for the water is necessary, which is filled to capacity with water and then supplies the faucet. According to many consumers, this model produces a significantly faster flow rate compared to competing systems, making it the best water purification reverse osmosis system in this price range.
- Features an additional filtration stage that re-adds minerals back into the water for improved taste.
- The step by step instructional videos will walk you through the installation process.
- The manufacturer offers excellent customer service seven days a week.
- Offers faster than average flowrate for an RO system.
- The complex installation process can take several hours to complete.
- This type of system will also use a lot of water to produce pure filtered water. This means about six gallons of untreated water will be used to produce just one gallon of filtered water.
- If you’re on a tight budget, the Express Water five stage RO system is available at a more affordable price.